Brewing perfect cup of Green Tea is a tricky process. If not handled properly, those same 'polyphenols' that provide health benefits can ruin the flavor, making the tea taste "gassy." It's particularly important not to over brew. While it's best to follow the manufacturer's instructions for each variety of green tea, here are some general instructions:
- Use 2 - 4 grams of tea * , per cup.
- Fill a kettle with cold water and bring to a boil.
- After unplugging the kettle, allow it to stand for up to 3 minutes.
- Pour the heated water over the tea, and allow it to steep for up to 3 minutes.
- Allow the tea to cool for three more minutes.
Although Green Tea is taken alone without any added flavorings , not everyone will appreciate drinking it in this manner. Infact some people would like to add a touch a sugar, or honey, ginger or even a slice of lemon to give that added taste.